Diesel Engine Services
When you need reliable diesel engine repair services in Oak Ridge, TN or diesel repair services in Knoxville, TN and the surrounding area for your light, medium, or heavy-duty pickup truck, People’s Choice Auto Repair is here to help! Give us a call today at (865) 272-3379 for diesel engine repair in Knoxville, TN or diesel repair in Oak Ridge, TN and the surrounding area!
From oil filter changes to diesel engine diagnostics and turbocharger repairs , we can find and solve any problem with your truck’s diesel engine. We specialize in EGR Delete Kits and tuners for your diesel vehicle. When you want to improve the longevity of your engine as well as its overall performance, an EGR Delete Kit will most certainly do the job.
In addition to EGR Delete Kits, we offer tuners. Tuners, or programmers, help to support a number of functions that are critical to making your engine run more effectively. Tuners can be used to adjust everything from total horsepower and torque to average fuel economy. We stock a wide assortment of tuners from the top names in the industry.
Our staff is capable of handling a variety of diesel repairs on cooling systems, exhaust and intake systems, fuel systems, lubricating systems, starting systems, and more!
Diesel Engine Repair
Properly maintaining your diesel engine is important throughout the entire life of your vehicle. This will ensure it continues to operate properly, and can extend its lifespan significantly. It is important to reference the owner’s manual for your vehicle when determining how often maintenance should be performed. Here are a few of the diesel services that we provide.
- Cooling System Repair
- Diesel Engine Oil Change
- Excessive Noise Diagnostic
- Excessive Smoke Diagnostic
- Fuel Injector Service
- Glow Plug Replacement
- Turbocharger Repair
- …and more!
If you don’t happen to see the service that you’re searching for on this list, don’t worry! Contact our offices. Our pros are here to answer any questions you may have about the diesel engine repair services we provide. Be sure to contact us today!
What To Know About Having A Diesel Engine
At one time, diesel engine vehicles were only trusted in industrial environments, but after the advancements in technology, this has rapidly become a favored option for many people. Here are a few of the reasons why.
- Fuel Economy – When driving a vehicle with a diesel engine, you’re realize that diesel fuel typically costs more than regular gas. But keep in mind, a diesel engine burns fuel slower, meaning your stops for refueling will decrease therefore saving you money.
- Increased Cost – The upfront cost for a diesel vehicle can be a bit more pricey than that of a gasoline vehicle. Although this can be off putting for a few, consider the savings that come with this type of vehicle, including the 30% increase on fuel economy compared to a gasoline engine.
- Increased Power – Diesel engines provide more power than that a gasoline engine, part of the reason why diesel engines are normally used on industrial vehicles. For individuals who typically haul trailers or other heavy items, this is a popular choice. Better leverage is provided by the increase torque which is ideal for moving those larger loads.
- Usage Considerations – Having a diesel fueled car solely depends on your personal needs. If you know that you are one that has to consistently haul heavier loads or you’re on the road a significant amount of time, this may be a good fit for you.